GDM Investment Holdings Limited (the Group) and its subsidiaries provide an offering of building services design consultants, facilities and property management solutions. The Company operates under a central group structure of Compliance and Governance to which this Policy applies.
The Group recognises that its operations may have a direct impact on the natural and built environment and has made environmental management an integral part of the management of the Group.
The purpose of this Policy is to outline the management direction and support for environmental management in accordance with business requirements and relevant laws and regulations. This Policy is applicable to all the Group and its employees and contractors working for or on behalf of the Group. It is also made available upon request to all interested parties such as clients, investors and suppliers.
The Group commits, through our Environmental Policy to:
- Prevent environmental harm or pollution
- Promote recycling and the use of recycled materials
- Ensure emissions to the atmosphere are minimised
- Fulfil our compliance obligations
- Ensure that environmental issues are considered in planning and managing of our operations to be environmentally efficient
- Minimise environmental impact on the local community and environment
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution, reducing waste and the consumption of natural resources
- Comply with the requirements of the environmental management system and continually improve the effectiveness of the Integrated Management System
- Provide the necessary training and support to our staff to ensure that they can fulfil these commitments
This Policy is reviewed to ensure its ongoing suitability by the Leadership Team who recommend amendments and updates to the Policy as part of the continual service improvement process.
This Policy provides a framework for the Environmental Objectives which have been defined within the IMS Objectives Tracker by the Leadership Team. These objectives support the continual improvement of the IMS and measurement of its effectiveness. Progress in relation to the performance against the Environmental objectives is reviewed regularly by the leadership team as part of the Management Review Meetings.
This Policy is communicated to all person(s) working for or on behalf of the Group, as part of induction training, is available to all employees via the IMS and is displayed in each office location to continually remind employees of the Group’s commitment to the environment.
Signed: Gary Draper
Title: Group Managing Director
This Policy applies to GDM Investment Holdings Limited, and the subsidiary businesses located in London & Ireland:
- The GDM Group Limited
- GDM Building Consultants Limited
- GDM Workplace Solutions Limited
- Concourse FM (ROI) Limited